A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
So if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
- Help prepare corporate budgets as well as adjusted forecasts;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Analyze and explain monthly variances between budgeted, forecasted and actual profits and losses.
- Ensure proper bookkeeping (bank reconciliation, monthly close procedures, year-end journal entry, etc.);
- Process routine financial transactions for accounts receivables and payable services, with the assistance of the Office Manager;
- Prepare and finalize payroll, with the assistance of the Human Resources Manager;
- Lead company efforts to discover and apply for government grants (e.g. BCIP program) and tax credits (e.g. SREDs), with assistance from the executive team;
- Assist various teams in preparing financial models and various financial documents;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- You have experience working in finance at a start-up and/or accounting firm;
- University degree in finance/accounting or other related field;
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite;
- Knowledge of the complete accounting cycle and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE);
- You can operate independently, you have flawless integrity, you are curious and you are well-organised;
- Ability and interest to improve any accounting process;
- Ability to dumb down complex notions to non-finance people
- Strong communication skills in English (et, idealement, francais)
- Passionate about urbanism & transit
- You have experience managing government/tax reporting requirements and have knowledge of canadian taxation.
- You have experience filing for SR&ED credits and applying for government grants
- Comfortable with online applications and accounting software like ADP and Quickbooks.
- CPA completed or in process is an asset, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary and stock options based on experience.
- Comprehensive health, medical and dental coverage.
- 4 weeks vacation.
- Monthly STM pass and BIXI pass.
- Apple laptop and equipment.
We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
How to apply: Send your resume and why you want to work at Transit to [email protected].